(a) Scientific activity of the departmental section “Technology of road building materials”
Scientific directions in the field of road-building material science are as follows:
• Structural formation, technology, properties and durability of road cement- and asphalt concrete;
• Adhesive-cohesive rheological properties of binders;
• Deformation and destruction of organic binders and concrete based on them;
• Polymer modified bitumen, asphalt polymer and colored concrete, multi-grained and crushed-stone lutaceous asphalt concrete;
• Development of state standards for road building materials;
• Development of new indicators for road building material quality and instruments for their determination.
The section maintains scientific contacts with:
• World Road Association (AIPCR-PIARC);
• European Association of EuroBitum;
• Research Institute (Poland);
• MADI-DTU (Moscow);
• Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis (RAS);
• Zarqa University, Jordan.
(b) Scientific activity of the departmental section "Chemistry"
The scientific directions of the section are the following:
• Investigation into the properties of components of man-caused radiation background;
• Investigation into patterns of dissolution of copper and its alloys in solutions of various compositions and development of resource-saving low-waste technologies for purifying wastewater that contains heavy metals.